Silver jewelry care, cleaning & storage
Silver jewelry everyday care
- Silver jewelry requires special care, to maintain their form and lifespan
- Silver oxidizes when it comes in contact with salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, cosmetics and household goods.
- Some silver jewelry is specially coated with oxidized finishing - when cleaning silver jewelry like this, one should be careful when cleaning them, otherwise you may remove/"clean" the oxidized finishing on the jewelry.
Every day silver jewelry wear
- Before going to sleep, we recommend you to take off the jewelry.
- Keep jewelry away from alcohol, cosmetics, ammonia, chlorine and other corrosive substances.
- We recommend taking off silver jewelry for the following activities:
- Housework and gardening.
- Washing, swimming.
- When applying make-up and cosmetics.
- At the gym or during any kind of contact sport.
- While making food.
Silver jewerly storage
- In order to keep silver from oxidizing, always put silver jewelry into their original packaging or into the jewelry box.
- Jewelry scratches when it comes into contact with other jewelry pieces.
- Neck- and handchains should be laid on an even surface inside the original box it cam in or inside a jewelry box/chest. This way you keep the chains from intertwining and tangling with each other.
Silver jewelry cleaning
- Jewelry should be cleaned regularly. For jewelry care and cleaning we have different jewelry cleaning products, which restore the beauty of the jewelry and makes the stones on the jewelry shine brighter.
- For silver jewelry cleaning we have special cleaning products: Town Talk silver polishing cloth and cleaning product.
Silver cleaning product (TownTalk Spray Silver Polish) 250 mlJewelry cleaning products 9,00 €
Silver polishing clothJewelry cleaning products 3,00 €
Silver jewelry cleaning product "SILVER SPARKLE" 225 mlJewelry cleaning products 6,00 €
Silver jewelry everyday care. Silver jewelry requires special care, to maintain their form and lifespan Silver oxidizes when it comes in contact with salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, cosmetics and household goods.
Diamond every day care. Certain household chemicals might damage diamonds, which is why we recommend taking jewelry off during housework. Always put on your jewelry after applying make-up and hairspray.
Pearl every day care. Pearls are natural precious stones, which are weak against acids and extremely humid conditions. In order to keep the shine of the pearl, keep them away from cosmetics, hairsprays and perfumes.
Before wearing jewelry. Make sure, that the earring lock is working perfectly - if you feel the lock is working too softly, then don't wear earrings and take them to a goldsmith.