Gold jewelry care, cleaning & storage
Before wearing jewelry
- Make sure, that the earring lock is working perfectly - if you feel the lock is working too softly, then don't wear earrings and take them to a goldsmith.
- Make sure that the stone fastening is strong and the stone its doesn't move. In order to check, if the stone is well fastened:
- Shake the jewelry close to your ear: if you hear gentle movement, it means that the stones are not fastened well enough
- Rub the jewelry against a thin cloth: if the cloth catches, it means that the fastenings have moved.
Gold jewelry every day wearing
- During housework, gardening and physical work remove any kind of jewelry from your hands.
- We recommend taking off jewelry before going to sleep.
- Keep jewelry away from alcohol, cosmetics, ammonia, chlorine and other corrosive substances.
- Store jewelry either in their original package or in jewelry box/chest
Gold jewelry storage
- Jewelry should be cleaned regularly.
- Jewelry scratches when it comes into contact with one another. Diamonds are one of the strongest materials, which means that if they come in contact with soft materials, it might leave a scratch on them.
- Neck and hand chains should be placed separately inside a jewelry box or chest, so the chains don't get intertwined with each other.
Gold jewelry cleaning
- For jewelry care and cleaning we have special cleaning products, to restore the beauty of the jewelry piece.
- For cleaning diamonds, use a small brush and jewelry cleaning products.
Ehete puhastusmasin (TownTalk Sonic Jewellery Cleaning Kit)Jewelry cleaning products 29,00 €
Kullast ehete puhastusvahend “Jewellery Polishing Cloth”Jewelry cleaning products 3,00 €
Kullast ehete puhastusvahend “JEWEL SPARKLE” 225mlJewelry cleaning products 6,00 €
Silver jewelry everyday care. Silver jewelry requires special care, to maintain their form and lifespan Silver oxidizes when it comes in contact with salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, cosmetics and household goods.
Diamond every day care. Certain household chemicals might damage diamonds, which is why we recommend taking jewelry off during housework. Always put on your jewelry after applying make-up and hairspray.
Pearl every day care. Pearls are natural precious stones, which are weak against acids and extremely humid conditions. In order to keep the shine of the pearl, keep them away from cosmetics, hairsprays and perfumes.
Before wearing jewelry. Make sure, that the earring lock is working perfectly - if you feel the lock is working too softly, then don't wear earrings and take them to a goldsmith.